Grimsby Fishing Heritage Centre and Ross Tiger
Museum tours which include Ross Tiger are currently at 10am, 11am, 1pm and 2pm, with the tours of the ship starting at 11am, 12pm, 2pm and 3pm respectively. All visitors must book a tour time via the centre’s reception team by calling (01472) 323345.
Due to the current restrictions, bookings to the main museum attraction will be restricted to a maximum of 12 people per group. The centre is currently limiting tours on Ross Tiger to a maximum of 10 people per tour.
Face coverings must be worn within the building and Ross Tiger (unless exempt) and visitors must ensure social distancing from other visitors or guides.
All payments must be contactless throughout the centre.
The Muriel Barker and Doughty Galleries
These galleries are open from 10am to 4pm (last entry at 3pm).
Tony Codd: People Places and Pubs will resume in the Muriel Barker Gallery from Tuesday 18 May.
The Galley Cafe
The cafe is open every day (excluding Mondays) between 11am and 3pm will offer a reduced menu.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
Several measures will be in place to make sure the centre is COVID Secure, including:
- Floor markers and signage to advise on social distancing and directional flows on stairs and throughout the building
- Regular cleaning regime of high-touch surfaces
- Where possible, doors and windows will be open for ventilation
- Hand sanitiser on entry and halfway through the route
- All payments for admissions, gift shop and Galley Cafe are to be made using contactless payment
- Track and Trace details taken upon arrival
- Handling objects to be removed, including handling boxes, books, toys and costumes. Some interactive boards will be covered up.
- One-way route and social distancing to be observed throughout the free galleries
- Toilets amended for social distancing and regular checking and cleaning of high-touch areas