Grimsby Fishing Heritage Centre and Ross Tiger
We’re currently running a slightly reduced timetable on Ross Tiger to allow for cleaning to take place during the day.
Tours of the trawler, Ross Tiger, start at 11am, 12pm and 2pm and are subject to availability and booked on a first come first served basis.
We are currently limiting tours on Ross Tiger to 12 people per tour. This is to allow our guides and visitors to distance. We are currently reviewing an increase to 15 people per tour.
Visitors may wish to consider wearing face coverings within the themed exhibit and the trawler, Ross Tiger.
The Muriel Barker and Doughty Galleries
These galleries are open from 10am to 4pm (last entry at 3pm).
The Galley Cafe
The cafe is open every day (excluding Mondays) between 11am and 3pm.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
Several measures remain in place, including:
- Regular cleaning regime of high-touch surfaces
- Where possible, doors and windows will be open for ventilation
- Hand sanitiser on entry and halfway through the route
- Handling objects to be removed, including handling boxes, books, toys and costumes.
- Toilets regularly checked and cleaning of high-touch areas
Due to COVID-19, we have made some adjustments to our tours. These include:
- Operating fewer tours with a reduced number of visitors per tour
- Asking visitors to keep a distance from other visitors and our guides
- Providing hand sanitiser at various locations aboard the ship and asking visitors to limit what they touch whilst aboard
- Regular cleaning of frequently touched surfaces aboard the ship and in the museum
- Opening additional portholes, ventilators and storm doors to ensure good ventilation aboard the ship
- Delivering more information in larger spaces or outdoors to limit time in smaller spaces aboard.
We politely request that you do not attend the museum and Ross Tiger if you are feeling unwell or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.