We are beginning a phased re-opening of Grimsby Fishing Heritage Centre from Tuesday 11 August, starting with the re-opening of the cafe, gift shop and pre-booked visits to the free galleries. The main fishing attraction re-opens on Tuesday 25 August.
You must pre-book the galleries and main fishing attraction on (01472) 323345. All payments must be contactless throughout the centre.
Ross Tiger will remain closed until further notice.
A face covering must be worn inside the building, unless a person is exempt or dining in the cafe.
The Muriel Barker and Doughty Galleries
These galleries are now open from 10am to 4pm (last entry at 3pm). The Muriel Barker gallery reopens with Up your High Street, an exhibition of photographs featuring local shops from the Victorian era to the 1950s. The exhibition highlights how shopping habits have changed over the last 150 years and the impact this had on our local high streets. The exhibition closes on 23rd August.In the adjoining Doughty Gallery, visitors can enjoy the current exhibition Elegance and Beauty. The display brings together ceramics from across 200 years from the late 1600s to the late 1800s. View these beautiful objects alongside some stunning artworks from the museum collection.
The Grimsby fishing heritage themed attraction
The main fishing heritage themed attraction will re-open from Tuesday 25 August.
Several measures will be in place to make sure the main fishing attraction is COVID Secure, including:
- Floor markers
- One-way system
- Hourly cleaning regime of high-touch surfaces
- Where possible, doors and windows will be open for ventilation
- Some interactive boards will be covered up
- Hand sanitiser on entry and halfway through the route
- Telephone bookings prior to arrival using 01472 323345 (last booking slots from 3pm)
Ross Tiger currently remains closed until further notice.
The Galley Cafe
The cafe is open every day (excluding Mondays) between 11am and 3pm will offer a reduced menu.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
Several measures will be in place to make sure the centre is COVID Secure, including:
• Booking your visit to the galleries with reception staff on (01472) 323345
• Hand sanitiser stations throughout the building
• Hourly cleaning of high-touch areas through the building
• All payments in the shop, cafe and main fishing attraction are to be made using contactless payment
• Floor markers and signage to advise on social distancing and directional flows on stairs and throughout the building
• Track and Trace details taken upon arrival
• Handling objects to be removed, including handling boxes, books, toys and costumes
• One-way route and social distancing to be observed throughout the free galleries
• Toilets amended for social distancing and hourly checking and cleaning of high-touch areas introduced.